Umbrella Family and Child Centres of Hamilton is a non-profit corporation, in operation since 1988 and administered by a community-based Board of Directors. Our Board Members include Hamilton Wentworth District School Board Trustees and staff, as well as members of the community who have a keen interest in early learning and childcare. We operate full-day early learning and child care centres, as well as extended day programs before and after school.
In Umbrella Family and Child Centres, we strive to:
- Provide play experiences that enhance the development of the whole child
- Encourage the child to explore and discover their world in a warm and nurturing environment
- Provide a supportive environment in which children are encouraged to increase independence at a comfortable pace
- Support physical development by encouraging movement activities as well as proper nutrition and healthy daily care routine
- Support social development by modeling and encouraging appropriate communication, promoting opportunities for sharing and cooperating, building children’s communication skills through positive role modeling
- Create an inclusive environment for all people – both children and adults – demonstrating respect for one another regardless of their culture, race, religion or gender